Are you ready for something different this summer?
Climate Summer is a unique internship that will challenge you and push you to grow more than you thought possible.
Apply to be a Climate Summer 2016 intern and gain the tools, knowledge, and experience of a confident climate justice organizer. Meet other passionate, like-minded young people and gain lifelong friends. Work on a climate-change related campaign and learn from inspiring community leaders, legislators, organizers, and community members across Massachusetts. Live your values as you travel exclusively by bicycle all summer, fossil fuel free.
- Spend June 11 – August 13, 2016 campaigning to stop natural gas expansion in Massachusetts
- Attend an intensive two-week training at the start of Climate Summer to gain organizing tools, background knowledge on climate change, and bicycle maintenance skills
- Connect with passionate young people from across the country both at training and more deeply on your team of 5-6 riders
- Travel exclusively by bicycle on a route through Massachusetts, helping to build resistance to natural gas infrastructure in 8 different communities
- Hone a specific skill set in your role as Team Leader, Outreach Coordinator, Traditional Media Coordinator, Digital Coordinator, or Video Coordinator
- Learn from community leaders, meet with legislators, and connect with people of all ages and backgrounds around issues that are crucial to our future
- Scholarships available!
Outcomes for the summer
- Learn to do stuff!
We are looking for applicants:
- Ages 18-25 from a diversity of backgrounds
- Who are passionate about social justice and climate change and interested in becoming part of a grassroots movement
- Who are budding leaders excited to learn and develop more skills
- Who have exceptional teamwork skills
- Who are committed to personal growth and ready to push themselves
- Who demonstrate eagerness and humbleness in working within communities and learning from the people who live there
*Note: dates are subject to change
- December 1st: Climate Summer 2016 application released (click here to be notified once application is live)
- February 20th: Application closes
- February 22nd: Notification of interview
- February 26th – March 11th: Interviews
- March 21st: Notification of acceptance
- April 14th: Welcome packets mailed
- June 11th-12th: Team leader training
- June 13th – 22nd: All rider training
- June 22nd – August 10th: Riders embark on campaign routes
- August 10th – 13th: All rider debrief